We are looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to join our growing team. The candidate will report to the Marketing Manager and will have 3 direct reports. The successful candidate will have experience in all areas of marketing including event planning, internal and external communications, PR, online (including social media) and brand management. They will have excellent organisational skills and experience managing a team. They will be confident in managing budgets and working to tight deadlines. They will also be willing to travel for exhibitions and meetings in Europe, America, and Asia.
Job Title: Senior Marketing Executive
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
with a 30-minute break for lunch (unpaid)
Location: Head Office Liverpool
Aim: The candidate will report to the Marketing Manager and will have 3 direct reports.
Organise and execute exhibitions such as 100% Optical in London and MIDO in Milan.
Work closely with directors on tender documents for key accounts and export customers
Oversee the commercial side of the business with marketing materials, presentations, and requests from customers
Work closely with design team around product and new brand launches
Working closely with licensees – to plan and promote our brands
Organise campaign photoshoots for all premium brands
Planning and execute internal product launches across all businesses including frames, lenses, and accessories.
Build and maintain relationships with UK, export, and key account customers
Point of Sale
Oversee the POS inventory and ensure POS material are available in line with channel budget.
Planning & Budgeting
Oversee the yearly marketing budget.
Accurately plan, forecast, and deliver channel activity to budget.
Provide accurate and clear spend tracking and budget reports.
Provide accurate and objective bi-monthly presentation of all key activity, exploring commercial effectiveness, impact on key brand objectives, and key learnings to director
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe InDesign (Essential)
- Adobe Photoshop (Essential)
- Adobe Illustrator (Desirable)
- Premier Pro (Desirable)
- Experience within the Optical or Accessories industry (Desirable)
- Marketing degree or equivalent qualification (Desirable)
- A minimum of 5-6 years working within a marketing department (Essential)
- Experience managing a team (Desirable)
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers
- Willing to travel when working on exhibitions/events
- Enthusiasm to get involved in a variety of projects and take on an assortment of challenges
- Ability to present to key customers confidently
To apply for this role please email the HR Department: Gemma.Heston@millmeadopticalgroup.com